Engineer II, Full StackApply Now
Bellese Technologies is looking for someone with a passion for solving big problems in healthcare. We foster a learning environment that thrives on curiosity, innovation, and passion about improving healthcare in America. Our remote-first team is spread across 20+ states and leverages exceptional collaboration to amplify our strengths. We provide an environment focused around helping you achieve your goals. Because when you succeed, we all succeed.
The Engineer II, Full Stack position will join HQR contract team. Hospital Quality Reporting (HQR) is a software system that Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) uses to measure the quality of care that hospitals are providing not only to Medicare recipients, but also to the general U.S. population.
- Develop, test, and maintain high-quality software applications across both frontend and backend technologies, ensuring functionality, scalability, and performance
- Collaborate with product managers, UX/UI designers, and other stakeholders to define and refine requirements, and ensure alignment between technical solutions and business needs
- Participate in architecture and design discussions, contributing expertise and providing guidance to help drive the selection of appropriate technologies, frameworks, and tools
- Write clean, well-structured, and maintainable code, adhering to established coding standards and best practices
- Perform thorough code and design reviews, providing constructive feedback to peers and identifying potential risks or areas for improvement
- Debug and resolve software defects, proactively identifying and addressing potential issues before they impact users
- Create and maintain comprehensive technical documentation, including software architecture diagrams, API specifications, and user guides
- Actively participate in Agile ceremonies, such as stand-ups, sprint planning, and retrospectives, ensuring effective communication and collaboration across the team
- Assist in the estimation, prioritization, and planning of development tasks, ensuring projects are delivered on time and within budget
- Engage in ongoing professional development to stay current with industry best practices, and share knowledge and insights with the team as appropriate
- Participate in regular security reviews, risk assessments, and vulnerability management activities to proactively identify and remediate potential threats within the microservices, APIs, and AWS infrastructure.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field OR at least 5 years of experience in software development
- Strong understanding of software design patterns, data structures, and algorithms
- Experience with Agile development methodologies
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong experience with one or more of the following: Go, Python, Java, SpringBoot, Typescript, Angular and React
- Strong experience with one or more of the following: JUnit, jMeter, Postman/Newman, Cypress, and Jest
- Experience with Jenkins, Nexus, JFrog Artifactory, Docker, and feature flags
- Some familiarity with AWS services like Lambda, ECS/Fargate, RDS, DynamoDB, CloudFront, S3, ApiGateway, and WAF
- Three weeks paid leave
- Flexible Schedule and Remote-First culture
- $3000 annual education stipend
- Work from home setup including Macbook (possibly used/refurbished)
- Collaborative, learning environment
- Health insurance
- 401K Plan with Safe Harbor contribution
Apply For This Job
If you are still reading, we should talk. Take a few minutes to “Apply For This Job” and get the conversation started. Your future self will thank you. We look forward to talking to you.
Executive Order requiring COVID safety protocols
Bellese employees are Federal Workers and are subject to Executive Order 14042, Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors, dated September 9, 2021 (published in the Federal Register on September 14, 2021, 86 FR 50985). As condition of employment, employees will need to provide either: a: proof of completed COVID vaccinations OR b: have an approved medical or religious exemption and proof of weekly COVID testing.
U.S. citizen or legal right to work in the United States without sponsorship
Bellese Technologies, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. In addition to federal law requirements, Bellese Technologies, LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
EEO is the law:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement