Senior Engineer - DevSecOpsApply Now
Bellese Technologies is looking for help solving big problems in healthcare. We need engineers who love to develop performant, elegant, and useful solutions for use by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) and their providers and beneficiaries.
This team is charged with supporting CMS in their effort to modernize the Medicare Payment System. We employ a research-driven, user-centered, agile, and adaptive product development approach to deliver modern and standards-based solutions. This effort empowers CMS to provide responsive, correct, and accessible systems and processes for processing payments. The team works very closely with our CMS customer teams, as well as other teams in the modernization effort.
As a Senior Engineer - DevSecOps, you display a solid understanding of core engineering concepts such as infrastructure as code, security, performance and reliability. You also have a strong background in engineering best-practices like testing, source control, and agile planning. You’re capable of taking a well-scoped component from a larger project and completing these tasks in a reasonable time frame. You can own your independent small-to-medium features all the way through from technical design to launch.
You’re a skilled communicator and are comfortable giving feedback to your peers and manager. When given an unclear task, you know how to ask for clarification and ensure that everyone is on the same page before getting started to reduce the need for re-work. You understand how your work fits into the larger picture for your team, and use this to identify conflicting requirements if they come up. You are able to present technical solutions in documentation or live demos, and are comfortable helping train others on those solutions.
Here is some of the tech we use on our team. Direct knowledge is great, but knowledge with alternative products is perfectly OK! The concepts are likely the same, and new tech can be learned.
● AWS - Fargate, ECS, Lambda, S3, CloudFront, WAF, networking
● CI/CD - Jenkins, JFrog Artifactory, Docker, feature flags
● Infrastructure as Code - Terraform
● Application Hosting - Java-based APIs
● Observability and Monitoring - New Relic, Cloudwatch, Splunk, PagerDuty
● Agile and Collaboration - Jira, Confluence, Zoom, Google Workspace
● BONUS - we’ll likely expand to AWS data services, so experience with various AWS database/nosql/analytics services would be great
- Bachelor of Science in a related discipline or equivalent experience
- 6 or more years of professional experience
Apply For This Job
Bellese Technologies is a cutting-edge civic technology firm. We foster a learning environment that thrives on curiosity, innovation, and passion for improving healthcare in America. Our remote-first team is spread across 20+ states and leverages exceptional collaboration to amplify our strengths. Bellese is minority owned and operated. We provide an environment focused around helping you achieve your goals because when you succeed, we all succeed.
● Three weeks paid leave
● Flexible Schedule and Remote-First culture
● $3000 annual education stipend
● MacBook Pro, home monitor, $150 annual electronics stipend
● Collaborative, learning environment
● Health insurance
● 401K Plan with Safe Harbor contribution
● Full-time remote work (from anywhere in the United States), even post-pandemic
● Great people and minority ownership that is committed to “Improving the healthcare journey through civic innovation.”
● A commitment to civic technology and working on things that make an impact
If you are still reading, we should talk. Take a few minutes to “Apply for This Job” to get the conversation started. Your future self will thank you. We look forward to talking to you.
Executive Order requiring COVID safety protocols
Bellese employees are Federal Workers and are subject to Executive Order 14042, Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors, dated September 9, 2021 (published in the Federal Register on September 14, 2021, 86 FR 50985). As condition of employment, employees will need to provide either: a: proof of completed COVID vaccinations OR b: have an approved medical or religious exemption and proof of weekly COVID testing.
U.S. citizen or legal right to work in the United States without sponsorship
Bellese Technologies, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. In addition to federal law requirements, Bellese Technologies, LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
EEO is the law:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement