HCD/Service Design LeadApply Now
Bellese Technologies is looking for someone with a passion for design strategy and solving big problems in healthcare. We need strategically focused individuals to apply design thinking skills to help us build the right performant, elegant, and useful solutions used by millions of Americans.
The Bellese Team is charged with supporting CMS in their effort to modernize the Medicare Payment System. We employ a research-driven, user-centered, agile, and adaptive product development approach to deliver modern and standards-based solutions. This effort empowers CMS to provide responsive, correct, and accessible systems and processes for processing payments. The team works very closely with our CMS customer teams, as well as other teams in the modernization effort.
The HCD/Service Design lead will use principles of service design to change and redesign connections across products, processes, people, and policies. Your work will include digital, but will also be inherently multichannel to design experiences that take place over time, across channels, and between touch points. The work you do--and enable others to do with the outcomes of your work--will contribute to long-term cost savings and efficiencies and modernization.
You will also lead a team of human-centered design professionals, including designers and researchers, on a healthcare pricing contract. You will be responsible for ensuring strategic healthcare pricing research done at the corporate initiative level is made real for this individual delivery team. You will direct and ensure the quality of the team’s work, including but not limited to qualitative and quantitative research plans and findings, Service Design Blueprints, and data-driven user experience design based on the client’s design system specifications.
Do you like to tackle complex problems and help define/design & build their solution? Do you like to translate the needs of humans into software designs and solutions? Do you enjoy complex data analysis with large data sets? If you answer “yes” to many/all of these questions then you may be just the kind of person we are looking for.
Bellese Technologies is a cutting-edge civic technology firm. We foster a learning environment that thrives on curiosity, innovation, and passion about improving healthcare in America. Our remote-first team is spread across 20+ states and leverages exceptional collaboration to amplify our strengths. Bellese is minority owned and operated. We provide an environment focused around helping you achieve your goals. Because when you succeed, we all succeed.
You're good at:
- Oversee the coordination of a multi-disciplinary team of researchers, service design and UX design experts in a way that leads to innovative ideas as well as operational efficiency.
- Working within Program Increment planning framework to forecast HCD work a couple of months out at a time.
- Works with Product Manager to breakdown that work into sprints, stories, tasks
- Owning the day-to-day work management for HCD.
- Check-in with the team to ensure work is getting completed.
- Facilitate conversations, as necessary and ensure collaboration.
- Consulting on overall product strategy and management.
- Decision making of what products we’re going to create, to what ends, and what schedule (shared effort with Contract & Product Management staff).
- Establish and improve processes, practices, and tools that enable design and research.
- Collaborate with product managers and data analysts to develop metrics, baseline measures, and benchmarks for current and future products.
- Collaborate with the product manager, designer and researcher, data analysts, and data scientists to develop and refine research questions with data analysis, such as from claims data, publicly available healthcare data, and secondary research (eg, literature reviews).
- Publish high-level insights.
- Communicate status reporting.
- Sitting in the customer’s and user’s shoes: you seek to understand and empathize with the users and their goals – their problems are your problems.
- Reducing ambiguity in problems through quantitative and qualitative research – you work with your team to go to the source and make sure you truly understand the issues that the providers and customers want to be solved.
- Ruthlessly prioritizing the right features and solutions, and knowing how to define “right”Measuring results: you define success through clear metrics so the customer can see what works and what doesn’t.
- Succinctly communicating or demonstrating issues to your team, and leading the thought process of your team to drive toward feasible, viable, and highly-usable solutions.
- Working a part of an agile software development team - you’re a creative thinker and skilled communicator who thrives in cross-functional teams.
- Translating ideas into actionable, testable solutions, and working with engineering teams to define and implement those solutions.
- Managing a product backlog (Epics, Features, User Stories) in support of a strategic Product Roadmap.
- All stages of the product development lifecycle - from research through design inception through implementation.
We need your help to:
- Develop secured digital services that provide healthcare cost transparency to millions of Americans.
- Sit in the customer’s and user’s shoes. You seek to understand and empathize with the users and their goals – their problems are your problems.
- Reduce ambiguity in problems through quantitative and qualitative research.
- You work with your team to go to the source and make sure you truly understand the issues that the providers and customers want to be solved.
- Ruthlessly prioritize the right features and solutions.
- Measure results. You define success through clear metrics so the customer can see what works and what doesn’t.
- Succinctly communicate or demonstrate issues to your team, and lead the thought process of your team to drive toward feasible, viable, and highly-usable solutions.
- Work with customer support and user research to identify current user experience issues, and drive measurable improvements.
- Work as a part of an agile software development team. You’re a creative thinker and skilled communicator who thrives in cross-functional teams.
- Translate ideas into actionable, testable solutions, and working with engineering teams to define and implement those solutions.
- Engage and communicate with both technical and non-technical folks.
Extra Credit for experience in:
- Healthcare product management where access for the users is difficult, expensive, or impossible.
- Clinical Quality Measures, especially those mandated by CMS such as the following programs: CCSQ, MIPS, IQR, ESRD QIP, etc.
- Working knowledge of on-the-ground clinical operations or revenue cycle management in healthcare.
- Using Google Analytics, Qualtrics, Quantum Metrics, HotJar, Touchpoints, Active Campaign.
- Product design of search based user experience.
- Bachelor's Degree in a related discipline or equivalent experience
- 6 or more years of professional experience
- Three weeks paid leave
- Flexible Schedule and Remote-First culture
- $3000 annual education stipend
- MacBook Pro, monitor, $150 annual electronics stipend
- Collaborative, learning environment
- Health insurance
- 401K Plan with Safe Harbor contribution
- Full-time remote work (from anywhere in the United States), even post-pandemic
- Great people and minority ownership that is committed to “Improving the healthcare journey through civic innovation.”
- A commitment to civic technology and working on things that make an impact
Apply For This Job
If you are still reading, we should talk. Take a few minutes to “Apply For This Job” and get the conversation started. Your future self will thank you. We look forward to talking to you.
U.S. citizen or legal right to work in the United States without sponsorship
Bellese Technologies, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. In addition to federal law requirements, Bellese Technologies, LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
EEO is the law:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement