Business AnalystApply Now
Bellese Technologies is looking for someone with a passion for solving big problems in healthcare. We need business analysts who love to uncover requirements that lead to performant, elegant, and useful solutions used by millions of Americans. People use our solutions to provide information about care and coverage when it is needed most to make decisions about their health. We develop digital services that empower patients and caregivers with cost and quality information, as they have come to expect.
Do you like to tackle complex problems and help define/build their solution? Do you like to translate the needs of humans into software designs and solutions? Do you enjoy the complex data analysis with large data sets? If you answer “yes” to many/all of these questions then you may be just the kind of person we are looking for.
Our team is charged with maintaining and improving the software at the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) that supports the Hospital Quality Reporting program. Thousands of hospitals across the country depend on these systems to submit quality measure data that reflects the care beneficiaries receive in their facility. Our teams will continuously strive to modernize these systems, while improving them in ways that reduce provider burden and minimize costs to CMS. We do this through HCD and Service design practices, product thinking, and skilled engineering. At Bellese, we’re relentlessly focused on enabling and empowering providers to focus on improving the quality and safety of patient care.
Bellese Technologies is a cutting-edge civic technology firm. We foster a learning environment that thrives on curiosity, innovation, and passion about improving healthcare in America. Our remote-first team is spread across 20+ states and leverages exceptional collaboration to amplify our strengths. Bellese is minority owned and operated. We provide an environment focused around helping you achieve your goals. Because when you succeed, we all succeed.
You're Good at
- Evaluating business processes and knowing the right questions to ask to uncover anticipated requirements.
- Identifying areas for improvement.
- Translating business requirements into user stories and acceptance criteria.
- Leading ongoing reviews of business processes and developing optimization strategies.
- Gathering critical information from meetings with various stakeholders and producing useful reports.
- Performing user acceptance testing.
- Facilitating meetings and preparing presentations to share ideas and findings.
- Effectively communicating requirements to cross-functional team members and management.
- Working closely with stakeholders including engineers and managerial staff.
- Staying up-to-date on the latest process and IT advancements to automate and modernize systems.
- Ensuring solutions meet business needs and requirements.
We need your help to
- Develop secured digital services that provide healthcare quality transparency to millions of Americans.
- Sit in the customer’s and user’s shoes. You seek to understand and empathize with the users and their goals – their problems are your problems.
- Reduce ambiguity in problems through quantitative and qualitative research.
- You work with your team to go to the source and make sure you truly understand the issues that the providers and customers want to be solved.
- Ruthlessly prioritize the right features and solutions.
- Measure results. You define success through clear metrics so the customer can see what works and what doesn’t.
- Succinctly communicate or demonstrate issues to your team, and lead the thought process of your team to drive toward feasible, viable, and highly-usable solutions.
- Work with customer support and user research to identify current user experience issues, and drive measurable improvements.
- Work as a part of an agile software development team. You’re a creative thinker and skilled communicator who thrives in cross-functional teams.
- Translate ideas into actionable, testable solutions, and working with engineering teams to define and implement those solutions.
- Engage and communicate with both technical and non-technical folks.
Extra credit for expertise in
- Clinical Quality Measures, especially those mandated by CMS such as the following programs: MIPS, IQR, ESRD QIP, etc.
- Using Atlassian Jira to increase efficiency of and transparency into the work management of an agile software development team.
- Healthcare product management where access to the users is difficult, expensive, or impossible.
- Working knowledge of on-the-ground clinical operations or revenue cycle management in healthcare.
- Experience with a variety of Agile frameworks.
- Familiarity with collaboration tools such as Mural.
- Three weeks paid leave
- Flexible Schedule and Remote-First culture
- $3000 annual education stipend
- Macbook Pro, home monitor, $150 annual electronics stipend
- Collaborative, learning environment
- Health insurance
- 401K Plan with Safe Harbor contribution
- Full-time remote work (from anywhere in the United States), even post-pandemic
- Great people and minority ownership that is committed to “Improving the healthcare journey through civic innovation.”
- A commitment to civic technology and working on things that make an impact
Apply For This Job
If you are still reading, we should talk. Take a few minutes to “Apply for This Job” to get the conversation started. Your future self will thank you. We look forward to talking to you.
U.S. citizen or legal right to work in the United States without sponsorship
Bellese Technologies, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. In addition to federal law requirements, Bellese Technologies, LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
EEO is the law:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement